We served the Asian salmon with not only leftover sweet potatoes (that I wanted to use up) but also with brown rice - this delicious sauce really needed something to soak up all the juices! We also had roasted brussels sprouts but steamed green beans would have also been excellent.
Taken from: AllRecipes
- 1 pound salmon fillets (I removed the skin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
-Preheat the oven to broil. In a 8-inch square baking dish or a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, add salmon. Broil for approximately 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other, until fish flakes easily.
-In a medium saucepan, add the second half of the marinade. Warm over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
-Pour the heated sauce over the salmon. Serve over rice.