Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pecan Crusted Salmon

So I have a confession to make. Typically, we run the dishwasher every 2-3 days. For 2 people! It seems a bit ridiculous to me but in our defense, we do eat almost every meal at home (or bring the leftovers for lunch). Also, I feel like I always end up dirtying quite a few dishes while I cook.

The pecan crusted salmon turned out delicious but the lack of dirty dishes is another reason why this recipe was so great - since it was just a few easy ingredients, there was hardly any cleanup (I believe Bryant was thankful for that, too)!

This recipe was perfect for 2 people and would be easy to double or triple for serving more people.

Pecan Crusted Salmon

Taken from: A Hint of Honey
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp. honey
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped (I pulsed the pecans in a food processor)
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn't have any fresh parsley so I had to use 1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley)
  • 2 (4 oz.) salmon fillets (choose wild, not farmed if you can help it)
  • salt and pepper
  • lemon wedges, for serving
-Preheat oven to 400 F.
-In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey. In a separate small bowl, combine bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
-Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Brush top with mustard mixture and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Place in a greased baking dish.
-Bake in preheated oven for 10-20 minutes (10 min per inch of thickness) or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment